Window Specialists vs. Big Box Stores
Big Box Retailers are great for groceries, furniture, appliances and clothes, but for home improvement projects they leave a lot to be desired. In order to complete a successful construction project, you need an experienced installation technician. You would not allow a Big Box Retailer to fill a cavity or perform surgery for you, Would You? NO, you need a professional. The same holds true for any type of construction project. At California Doors and Windows, we have over 100 years of combined experience modifying your home into your castle.
The lowest price is NOT always the best deal. So how do you determine where to go: big box or window specialist? Here are some key things to think about:
- Service. You want to be certain your windows will be supported with service, since they will last many years. A sales associate who is also selling appliances will not necessarily have the expertise that a window specialist has. You want a Free In=Home Consultation from a Sales Associate who is educated in the respected field. An expert to take production measurements and post-installation service and support.
- Choices. Nothing about windows is off the shelf. You want to make decisions based on your home, your needs and your wallet. Windows and Doors are a custom product and should be treated as such.
- Cost. Cheaper isn’t necessarily cheaper. If you have a window specialist that takes care of every step for you, it will save you time, money and aggravation which means that you will most likely save in the end.
ROI for Window Replacement
While home values continue to increase you are probably asking yourself; Do I sell my home and purchase another one or do we stay here and remodel. If the answer is to stay here and remodel you are now faced with what projects will give me a great Return on Investment. According to the Board of Realtors Roofing your home is the best home improvement you can do. The second-best home improvement project that you can do to have a great ROI is WINDOWS and DOORS.
Replacing your windows, depending on where you live can give you an ROI of approximately 80-100%.
Making Your Home Energy-Efficient
Here are some tips on making your home more energy efficient:
- Inspect your doors, windows, electrical wires and plumbing pipes that enter your home. If you see gaps in any of these products or materials seal them with the appropriate materials.
- Install cost-effective cellulose insulation in the attic and wall cavities of you home.
- Repair any water heater leaks. A dripping tap will waste over 2,000 liters a month. Install energy star rated low-flow fixtures to reduce water bills by 60%.
- Turn your thermostat up or down depending on the season 1 degree.
Over the course of owning your home, the most cost-effective and energy efficient solution will be to have new windows and doors installed by the experts at California Doors and Windows..
Call today at 888-804-7775 for your free estimate!